Friday, October 1, 2010

Blog #7; Who Wears Short Shorts?

Throughout the years, we have all learned less is more. So why not apply this saying with clothing? For 2010, the new trend for bottoms has been hot pants and boy shorts. Hem lines seem to be getting shorter each generation and generally accepted by the public.
Maybe lingerie is the fashion fad? Because to me, I wouldn't even think this would be considered clothing to wear out, it looks more like a diaper. Way back in 2007, these bottoms were mainly worn to the gym or under dresses and skirts. But recently, celebrities have been spotted wearing them on the streets. 
But I suppose if you're somebody who wants to stick with the trends and learn how to rock this look, then keep reading.
Look for hemlines that curve up the outer thigh to keep things decent and not expose yourself to the world. If you're thinking of wearing this style to winter - which is crazy, but some might want to - pair them with tights or stockings with a pattern to mix things up and keep you warm! Find a high waisted pair to elongate your legs and make them look leaner. Throw on a blazer or bomber jacket to keep the top covered so it would balance the amount of skin show below. And finally, maybe wear a loose blouse so you don't look like your body is squeezed from head to toe. 
And that's it! Have fun and good luck. Remember the rules and you'll be fine. Ciao!

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm...I can tell you don't care for this trend too much. Although you wrote that it seems to be accepted by the public, I doubt I would rock these anywhere. I've noticed this trend coming into mainstream fashion a lot too though. In Cosmopolitan's latest issue, they say the new trend is 'granny panties'. What do you think of that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog, especially the entry Who Wears Short Shorts?. I agree that more and more people are starting to believe that less is more. I like how you prove your point with pictures and examples. You also personalize you blog entries by giving your thoughts on fashion trends. A lot of these trends, like the shorts, are revealing, but I think if a woman is confident enough to wear them then more power to her. I also like how you explain what the problems are with each trend and then give explicit advice on how a person can fix them. I will definitely use some of these recommendations. Anyone who listens to your fashion tips is sure to look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One thing that I like about your blog is the way that you offer many details and comments about each of the categories that you have for fashion. It was also a very smart idea to introduce fashion in the beginning in order to get the readers familiar with what you were going to talk about. It was great how you incorporated the fashion with everyday life and showed ways that these pieces were able to be used especially since it engages the readers in the topic. It kind of gives me ideas of things that I could wear even with help of what each item looks like, especially with the blog that was all about shoes. This blog was a preview of the new season that was here, which was very interesting. It showed new ideas for gifts to be put on Christmas gifts and also it gave a sense of your personality.

    ReplyDelete